Poll: Orienteering Achievement of 20092009 has been another year full of great orienteering achievements - and as we now are moving towards 2010, it is again time to decide the greatest of achievements of the year. The annual poll to find the biggest Orienteering Achievements of the year is organized by two of the major sources for international orienteering news on the Internet - World of O and Ultimate Orienteering.
- "The Orienteering Achievement of 2009" - Men (voting ends December 4th)
- "The Orienteering Achievement of 2009" - Women (voting ends December 4th)
In the vote for "The Orienteering Achievement of 2009", the best achievement of the year is to be named - and not necessarily the best orienteer of 2009.
SponsorsA full sponsor presentation will be given on November 24th. We have the following sponsors who will provide prizes for lucky voters and for the winners of "The Orienteering Achievement of 2009":
- Main sponsor: Trimtex
- Highlands Open
- Nordvestgaloppen 2009
TimetableStarting November 25th, nominees will be presented on a a day-by-day basis at World of O and Ultimate Orienteering. The winner is decided in a vote amongst all the readers of World of O and Ultimate Orienteering after all nominees have been presented between Monday November 30th and Friday December 4th. The winners will be announced December 8th. The following categories are included in The Orienteering Achievement of 2009:
- The Orienteering Achievement of 2009 - Men
- The Orienteering Achievement of 2009 - Women
Prizes for "Lucky voters"Prizes will be drawn among the voters:
- A person can only vote once in each of the categories (if several people share one internet connection, only one can vote, as the IP address is used to identify the voter along with the email-address of the voter).
- Prizes from our sponsors will be drawn among all people voting.
- The winners will be made public after the poll closes at World of O and Ultimate Orienteering.
Spread the newsHelp making the poll as representative for the international orienteering community as possible! Spread the news about the poll, by publishing an article about the election on your website, and encourage people participating. Please use this link:
- http://poll.worldofo.com/poll2009.html (voting will be opened from here)
- Andras Szabo
- Anatolijs Tarasovs
- IF Femman*
- Mathe Fanni
- Alessio Tenani
- Swiss Orienteering*
- NZ OSquad
- Kolmården Chicks
- Norges Orienteringsforbund*
- Daniel Hubmann
- Simone Niggli
- Fabian Hertner
- Konnerud IL
- Silkeborg OK
- Øystein Kvaal Østerbø
Orienteering Achievement of 2008
The winners from the Orienteering Achievement of 2008 were Daniel Hubmann and Minna Kauppi. Help decide who will win "The Orienteering Achievement of 2009".